Higher Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT)
Medical laboratory technology is one of the most rapidly expanding health care fields. As a medical laboratory technician, you will play an increasingly important role in health care delivery. The MLT Program provides extensive training, including a clinical internship with supervised work experience. This qualifies graduates to run clinical tests required by physicians to make life-affecting decisions in patient care.
Pathway to USA
Why Higher Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT)?
PATHE Academy enjoys status of being the exclusive private educational institution in Sri Lanka to provide a wide range of programmes in healthcare sector since 1996. The programme curriculums are designed according to the international standards & are upgraded yearly in order to meet the everchanging employment demands.
The Healthcare qualifications are highly recognized in most countries and educational and governmental establishments all around the world. We are proud to mention that PATHE health programme graduates are working in more than 20 countries including UK, Italy, Sweden, Germany, France, Finland, Dubai and Cyprus. PATHE Higher Diploma is recognized by the Ministry of Health under PHSRC and Ministry of Youth Affairs and Skills Development under TVEC Sri Lanka.
Further education opportunities
- Guaranteed admission to the Master of Business Administration (MBA) – Health Care Leadership programme in the Cleary University USA.
- Admission for 3rd year/credit exemptions of Degree programmes in USA, Australia, New Zealand and Malaysia. Contact PATHE-Study Abroad for more information.
The programme is delivered with emphasis stressed to vocational aspect of the course and but not limiting to class room theory, assignments, exams, class room practices, demonstrations and Curricular Practical Training . Some of our modules may be delivered fully or party by through video presentations. PATHE management has the industrial training carried out in collaboration with major private healthcare institution networks.
PATHE Academy reserves the right to change the venue, date and time for some modules and practical which will not be more than 30% of the whole programme.
- General English
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- Anatomy & physiology
- Chemical pathology
- Histopathology & Laboratory management
- Hematology & Blood bank serology
- Microbiology 1 & 2
- Introduction to Medical Laboratory Equipment
- 2500 hours Internship
- Essential Molecular Biology
- Research and Writing
- Financial & Management Accounting
- Financial Management
Duration: Three years
(Full Time) Feb 2019, May 2019
(Part Time) Feb 2019, May 2019
- A/L pass for either of subject out of Chemistry or Physics with O/L pass for Mathematic and English.
- Foundation Diploma in Health Sciences conducted by PATHE Academy.
- Not less than one year work experience in the related filed.
- RPL: Special consideration and credit exemptions will be given to those who have past
- experience & qualification in the health sector.
Enroll to the programme
Deadline for applications are 2 weeks before the commencement date:
To enroll you are required to come in person with a passport size colour photograph (with the softcopy), all educational and work experience documents and meet our counselor or chose the online enrollment option to pay by credit card or through bank.
For further information contact the Course Coordinator +94 721 566 566 / +94 720 239 735
Official clinical training provider
Park Hospitals, a leading private hospital in Sri Lanka is the official practical training provider for the PATHE healthcare programmes. The delivery of the programme includes one day compulsory hospital demonstration work at Park Hospitals.